Applications for the 2018 festival are open!
The work we are programming for this year will be vibrant, non-verbal performance art in all forms (theatre/dance/spectacle/puppetry etc). We are only selecting ten shows that catch our imagination with a great concept, and that offer a fresh take on performance art.
Proposed shows should be just fifteen minutes long. Shows are free and performed in the open-air on the beachfront, and will be watched by people of all ages from all walks of life, so we are looking for shows that have wide appeal.
Applications close on 31 August, 2017.
Please fill in the questions below and submit this document as your application:
NAME OF THE PRODUCTION:
1) A good show starts with a great concept. In 5 lines, please explain the CONCEPT of your show:
2) What genre / style is the show?
3) Outdoor theatre must be visually stimulating. In 2-3 lines, explain what your show LOOKS like – what the visual elements that will attract an audience are:
4) Outdoor theatre should not rely on dialogue, but instead use sound to attract people – where language is not an issue. In 2-3 lines, explain what your show SOUNDS like – what the sound elements that can attract an audience are:
5) What age audience do you think the show will most likely appeal to – and why?
6) Have you performed this show before? If so – where?
7) What technical equipment is necessary to stage the show?
Thankyou! Please send your application as a word document to firstname.lastname@example.org before 31 August 2017. If you have photos of the production, please include no more than two photos that represent the work. Please do not send any other attachments.
We will reply to you by 1 November to let you know if your application has been successful or not.